Thursday, March 3, 2011

Apple Cinnamon Muffins



Hello All! I cannot believe that I let a month slip by without posting! Wow. Long story short, the Bertram crew was sick for nearly 2 solid months. Thankfully, I stayed well, but my poor hubby succumbed to the flu. Each one of the children had their turn with at least one round of the stomach bug and the twins had a cold for about six weeks amid the tummy issues. The Lord sustained me through all of it and kept me from losing my ever loving mind.

Moving on, I have a recipe for all you peops. My precious ones requested muffins for breakfast and this is what I came up with, thanks to a little help from my friend, Betty.

Apple Cinnamon Muffins

1 cup milk
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups whole wheat flour (I used 1 2/3 cups wheat, 1/3 cup white, but I think all wheat would be fine)
1/3 cup honey
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 large apples, shredded

Heat oven to 400. Line 18 muffin tins with paper cups or grease cups generously. Beat milk, oil, vanilla and eggs in large bowl. Stir in flour, honey, baking powder, cinnamon and salt all at once just until flour is moistened. Fold in apples. Divide batter evenly among 18 cups. Bake 20 minutes or until golden (might take less time in some ovens). Cool on wire rack before serving. Be sure that the muffins are sufficiently cooled before removing paper cups.
My sweet Vivi liked them.

If you want to be like us, butter the warm muffins, whip up some heavy cream, sweeten the cream with a little maple syrup and treat your muffin to a big old dollop of whipped cream. They are to die for, I tell ya!! Enjoy!



1 comment: