Sunday, October 17, 2010

True Woman Conference

Julie and I made the trek to Dallas this weekend for the True Woman Conference.
The conference was amazing. I am now home with a full heart.
A few highlights from the weekend:

1--HOURS of uninterrupted conversation with my soul sista, Julie. During one of our many convos in the van on the way to DFW, a ginormous grasshopper splatted on the windshield. I removed said insect so that Julie's vision would not be impaired while driving. That act alone should fill Julie's love tank for months because I don't like bugs.

2-I was so blessed by many of the speakers, namely Crawford and Karen Loritts and Kay Arthur. All of the speakers brought the Word, but the words of these three people resonated deep in my heart. I am going to get my hands on the audio from the conference soon and re-listen and digest some more truth.

3-We brought a long a true little woman, Julie's baby girl, Caroline. She was a trooper and smiled and talked to everyone.

4- A few of Julie's friends from Arizona met us at the conference. It was such a joy to get to know these Godly, genuine women. (Left to right: me, Angela, the other Julie, Laurel)

5- Meeting up with my precious gal pal, Spring, and praying for our children. It is a wonderful blessing to have two entire families of people that just LOVE each other. Her kiddos love my kiddos and our hubbies love each other, too. :)

6- Stalking a couple bloggers....I spotted Lindsey from Passionate Homemaking early on and let Julie know. Unbeknownst to me, Julie flagged her down and got a pic with her.

When we were checking out of our hotel, I thought I saw a familiar face. As it turns out, it was Angie Smith. I've read her blog for a couple years now and her sweet family has melted my heart. Angie has a set of twin girls, too. There's nothing like good twin talk to help a Mama out.

7- Coming home with a full heart and renewed mind has been so refreshing. I see my role as wife and mother in a different and better light and am praying for more grace, more patience, more joy almost every second that those darling little people are awake. :)

I took away from the conference that I have got to be in the Word daily in this stage of life. I do not have the liberty of sporadic quiet times during this stage of life. I must be intentional about getting scripture in me, so that I can hide His word in my children's hearts and live an example worthy of my calling as a Christ-follower, wife and mother in front of my husband and children. (left to right, Brooklyn, Vivian, and Gramm)


Many thanks to my sweet husband for taking care of our kiddos while I was gone. He graciously allowed me to go away for a little over 2 days and didn't complain one bit. He even cleaned the house before I got home! So thankful for such a wonderful man!

1 comment:

  1. Holly, I LOVE YOU WORDS AND YOUR HEART! There is a reason that we are friends! We are coming to LR on Thursday and will be there for a few days. Then Matt and I are headed to Dallas for our anniversary. I want to see you and for you to meet Amelia. Let me know if that is going to be possible! Love you, L

    ReplyDelete