Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

I love New Year's resolutions. I really do. I came across last year's resolutions in my lovely, over-stuffed planning notebook. They were:

  • love more
  • forgive more
  • maybe learn to play the guitar
Well, whether I wanted to or not, I really had to love and forgive more this year. Come to think of it, 2009 was also filled with lots of opportunities to love and forgive. Oh, and I tried to learn to play the guitar then, too! I'm still working on the guitar. Maybe this is a theme? Maybe Someone is trying to tell me something? :)

This year's resolutions:

  • love more
  • forgive more
  • have tea parties with my precious girls often
  • give my little guy more of my time without resentment
  • read books my husband recommends. This is hard for me because I am an avid reader, but the hot hubster and I don't exactly have the same taste in books. I really should get him to read Redeeming Love. ;)
  • make a significant dent in our mortgage. We are currently paying on the principal of our house while simultaneously saving money for our next house.
  • be content in our current house.
Okay, so that's all. I really just want to live in my life more. Love my kids, my man, my house. Edith Schaeffer recommends making whatever home you are living in your "cottage by the sea". This little house is our cottage and I'm gonna love it and not be a big whine bag and discount God's gracious blessing of provision. Happy New Year!!


3 comments:

  1. When I read this I can actually hear your voice, your accent and your spirit. I miss them all. There's a great house right across the street from us when you're ready for that next house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to read your perspective on loving your house. I completely relate to not being content with what God has provided. Thanks for posting this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, your picture looks like it was taken on the back deck of a cottage by the sea!

    ReplyDelete