Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hanging with my Homeys



I made a discovery last week (thanks to the Spirit's work in my heart). When I do something daily that causes me to focus on my children and no one else, we are all in a better place emotionally. I forget sometimes that my mood as Mommy is the barometer in our home. My mood can ruin this day or make this day great.

I've taken my kids to the park, on dates to the bakery up the street, riding scooters in the cul de sac, and for long drives in the car a lot lately. And, I've not talked on my phone during any of these outings. The only reason I keep my phone with me is in case I need to call 911. :) I have found joy in their joy. Doing things that they enjoy is going from a sacrifice to a pleasure for me.

Gotta take these kids to get a treat. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment