Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Man

How do I love my husband? Let me count the ways.
  • He is intentional about relationships. He loves with his whole heart. He rejoices with his friends and weeps with them, too. He isn't afraid to say "I love you" from one man to another. (top pic, J and Uncle Copas with the big boy at ten months old. bottom pic, the big boy and one of J's best friends, Matt)


  • He doesn't lose it when our kids lose it. He doesn't lose it when I lose it. He stays cool, calm, and collected. He delights in our children. Sometimes, we laugh when they cry. See below.

  • He loves me unselfishly. My husband is a servant. It is not uncommon for me to come home from running errands and find the house straightened and kitchen cleaned. He knows I love order and cleanliness, but I'm busy with our three babes and the house is not my top priority. :) He used to do this same thing for his Mom when he lived at home. And, I have to mention, my husband has great parents. The selflessness was learned by the example his parents set before him. He always puts me and the kids before himself. J with the parentals at his 30th birthday part-ay.
  • He lets me talk his dang ears off. I can talk the paint off a wall and my sweet, somewhat introverted husband asks the best questions and listens to my 30 minute long answers.
  • He gives great hugs.
  • He still opens my car door when we go on dates.
  • He tells me I look good almost every single day.
  • He likes the way I dress.
  • He lets me decorate our house the way I like it with few exceptions.
  • Even when we didn't have much extra cash, he still let me spend a little mulah on things to make our home beautiful because he knew that mattered to me.
  • He will sit and play with the big boy for hours.
  • He won't let our baby girls wear two piece bathing suits. Ever. When I was pregnant with the twins, I brought home two 6 month sized mini skirts. My man thought they were a little too short. :)
  • He is a man of courage. He doesn't shrink back at a challenge.
  • He prayerfully makes decisions and moves in faith.
  • He constantly reminds me to look at the bigger picture. That Jesus is our hope, our life, our love.
  • He doesn't talk bad about people and he won't let me either.
  • He reminds me to have hope, even when my prayers seemingly go unanswered.
  • His biggest fear is not following Jesus.
  • He is not materialistic.
  • He is committed to being in community with other believers.
I could go on and on and I already have a bit.

Thank you, J, for being a wonderful husband and selfless father. Thank you for following Jesus. The more I know you, the more I love you. You are a dream.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Holly, this is so beautiful! You and Justin are blessed to have each other--

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful picture and what a beautiful post. I feel the same way about Greg.

    ReplyDelete